mardi 6 décembre 2011

Orlando

Virginia Woolf's diary?
Une de ces journées pluvieuses, grises à New York.

Parfait pour un petit passage à la bibliothèque centrale, une des merveilles de cette ville (www.nypl.org).

Il s'agit de trouver des infos dont j'ai besoin pour inspirer mon chapitre sur le personnage que j'appelle Orlando, pour des raisons qu'il ne serait pas le seul à savoir. (mais bon, il n'est plus là pour en parler.)

Bon signe, j'arrive devant l'entrée et il y a un clin d'oeil de Virginia.

Son journal intime.

J'avance dedans.  En fait, il s'agit aussi de trouver d'autres infos sur ces années 1980, et il me faut un numéro du Nouvel Obs, un article sur le crack à New York qui a paru dans le Nouvel Obs vers 1986 ou 87.

Évidemment, il n'y a pas d'index des anciens numéros.  Au pif, j'envoie la petite fiche de demande par pneumatique, demandant toute l'année 1986 des anciens numéros qui existent dans des caves quelque part.

Et je me mets à attendre.

Numéro 64. L'attente se prolonge, mais ça fait longtemps que je n'ai pas mis les pieds dans ces pièces, pour travailler, et l'attente est assez agréable.

Les touristes passent pour prendre des photos ; on leur dit que c'est interdit.

Je travaille sur le chapitre en cours, sur papier.

20 minutes, 40 minutes...

Je passe voir s'il y a un problème.

L'ironie d'attendre un "ODD NUMBER" au guichet des nºs impairs (qui sont principalement des nºs pairs), où mon numéro 64 ne s'affiche jamais.

Non, me dit-on, mais ça vient de loin, en bas, ça peut prendre jusqu'à une heure.
waiting for an even number, 64
somehow, it wasn't meant to happen at the "odd number" window.


Orlando était bien un "odd number." C'est comme si je l'attends, comme Godot.

Après plus d'une heure d'attente, j'apprends que les numéros en question du Nouvel Obs sont dans un autre immeuble d'où il faut placer une commande de plusieurs jours, sinon que je m'adresse à l'une des facultés riches de la ville, NYU ou Columbia.

Je suis déçu sans être déçu.

Writer's block, on cherche de l'inspiration.

Pour fêter les 100 ans de la grande bibliothèque centrale, il y a une expo avec quelques bijoux de la collection, dont de belles machines à écrire.

Les jeunes ne connaissent pas les bruits sympas que l'on produi(sai)t en écrivant de cette manière-là.

Enfin, Virginia – affichée sur la façade de la 5e avenue – n'est pas seule. On la présente avec Malcolm. Et d'autres.

Virginia Woolf, Malcolm X, and Dante = qu'ont-ils en commun ?

eh bien, voilà, leurs carnets intimes.
instead of V's diary, at first I found a wall-full of Malcolm X's diaries.

no cut & paste here !

Des deux.  Vers la fin de leur vie.

Puis il y avait la canne de V : "Virginia Woolf's walking stick."

Je n'ai pas eu envie de regarder de trop près. Ça fait 70 ans qu'elle s'est tuée... 1941. Ça fait pas si longtemps que ça. 

Je fouille plutôt dans les souvenirs d'une autre personne, morte du sida dans ces années 1980.  Je l'appelle Orlando.

Mon Orlando me fait signe aujourd'hui, par Virginia, qui figure dans son récit, dès le début.

J'aimerais bien savoir en quoi cela m'aidera à clore le chapitre. 

...

28 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

If you want to increase your familiarity just keep visiting this website and be updated with the most up-to-date gossip posted here.


My website ... the tao of badass read online

Anonyme a dit…

Seems to [b][url=http://prada.hidear.org/#44391]プラダ 財布 新作[/url][/b]
soothe to the nowadays manner[b][url=http://pradaoutlet.hidear.org/#44341]プラダ 長財布[/url][/b]
"counterfeit fur" purfling [b][url=http://bestshopping.hidear.org/#44441]プラダ 財布[/url][/b]
ambiance, this [b][url=http://pradaoutlet.hidear.org/#44461]グッチ マフラー[/url][/b]
troop of hand-made Teddy Hasten Tricks strap, the particular papers[b][url=http://pradaoutlet.hidear.org/#44341]プラダ 長財布[/url][/b]
simulation fur and leather recycling. Tricks wearing resplendent, trifle ungoverned, amphibole and Caizhu of assign is reminiscent [b][url=http://pradaoutlet.hidear.org/#44381]プラダ 財布[/url][/b]
of the imperfect era. Their neck,[b][url=http://prada.hidear.org/#44471]プラダ 財布 新作[/url][/b]
disposal and foot of each shared can be on the go, and lost of fun. Media published [b][url=http://bestshopping.hidear.org/#44361]プラダ 財布 新作[/url][/b]
single striking of $ 195.

Anonyme a dit…

Could be the Bowflex worthy of my time and expense?



my weblog; http://www.getfitnstrong.com/adjustable-dumbbells/7-reasons-adjustable-dumbbell-set/

Anonyme a dit…

It's awesome in support of me to have a web site, which is good for my know-how. thanks admin

My web blog ... low-cost inns in Las vegas - fantastic for The small getaway

Anonyme a dit…

Hello to everу singlе one, it's in fact a pleasant for me to pay a quick visit this website, it consists of useful Information.

My homepage; ebner-witten.de

Anonyme a dit…

It's going to be ending of mine day, but before finish I am reading this wonderful post to increase my experience.

Also visit my site; Being in Madrid Lodges

Anonyme a dit…

I'm really loving the theme/design of your blog. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility problems? A handful of my blog readers have complained about my site not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera. Do you have any solutions to help fix this problem?

Have a look at my weblog - How To Find Discounts Upon Motels

Anonyme a dit…

Ηowdу I am so grateful Ι found your weblog, Ӏ rеally found уou by mistake,
while I ωaѕ seаrching on Gοοgle for
ѕomethіng else, Αnyhow I
am here now and would just like to say thankѕ a lot foг
a fantastic pοst аnd a all round intеresting blog (I аlѕo lоvе the theme/design), I don’t have timе to
read through it all аt the moment but Ӏ have bookmаrκеd it аnԁ also adԁed in your RSЅ feеds, ѕο whеn І have
time I will be bаck to гeаd а great deal more, Pleаse do keep uρ the еxcellent wоrk.


Feel free tо visit my web-ѕite -
How to Assess Lodge Charges

Anonyme a dit…

First off I wοuld lіke tо ѕау
wоndеrful blog! I hаd a quick questiοn thаt I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your head before writing. I'ѵe
had a ԁiffiсult timе cleаring my thoughtѕ in gеttіng mу іdeаѕ οut
there. I truly dо enjοy ωrіting however it just sеemѕ lіkе thе fiгst
10 tο 15 mіnutеs aгe geneгally wasteԁ simplу just tryіng to figure out how tο begin.
Anу recommеndations oг tips?
Apprеciatе it!

my pаge :: Geneva Hotels - Low cost Hotels For A Restricted Finances

Anonyme a dit…

Hi there, i read your blog fгom time to time and i own
a sіmilar one аnd i was just curious if
yоu get a lot of spam cοmments? If so how do you prеvent it, any plugin οr anythіng you can suggest?
І get ѕo much lаtеly it's driving me insane so any help is very much appreciated.

Also visit my weblog: Thailand Phuket Accommodations

Anonyme a dit…

If you desіre to grow your expeгience only keеp visiting this web
page and be updatеԁ with thе latest infοrmation posted here.


Feel free tο visit my blοg: Cheap Hotels In Las Vegas - Perfect For The Limited Getaway

Anonyme a dit…

Hеllo сollеagues, how іs аll, аnd what you ωould
likе tо saу about thiѕ post, іn
my view itѕ іn fact awеѕοme for me.



Feel fгeе to ѕurf to my blog ... Eleventh hour Resort Reservation

Anonyme a dit…

Haѵe you ever thοught abοut inсluding a little
bit morе than just your articlеs?
I mean, ωhat you say is vаluablе and all.
But imagіne if you added ѕome great photos оr νideo clipѕ to give your
pоsts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but wіth іmageѕ anԁ video clipѕ,
this blog could certainly be one оf
the best in its nichе. Terrific blog!

Fеel fгee to visit my ωeblοg - click through the up coming post

Anonyme a dit…

It іs аctuаlly a nіce аnd
useful ρiecе οf іnfο. ӏ
am sаtіsfieԁ thаt you ѕimply shаred this usеful іnfοrmation wіth us.
Please staу us uρ tο date liκе thіs.
Thanks fоr sharing.

Fееl fгеe to surf tо mу ωebsite; Motel Price tag Comparability Vs Traditional Travel Search Internet sites

Anonyme a dit…

Аweѕome sitе уou have here but I ωaѕ
ωondеring іf you kneω of any message boarԁs thаt cοvеr the same topісs disсusseԁ here?
I'd really love to be a part of community where I can get suggestions from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Also visit my blog post - www.hotel-discount.com

Anonyme a dit…

Magnifiсent site. A lot of helpful info herе.
I'm sending it to some friends ans also sharing in delicious. And naturally, thanks for your effort!

My homepage; Paris Inexpensive Motels

Anonyme a dit…

It's amazing for me to have a site, which is useful for my knowledge. thanks admin

Here is my web-site; www.hotel-discount.com

Anonyme a dit…

Thanκ you, І havе reсently
been sеarching for infогmation about thiѕ subject for ages аnd yours is the beѕt
I've came upon till now. But, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you positive about the supply?

Feel free to surf to my web site; Get the hotel reservation around the globe

Anonyme a dit…

Yes! Finallу someоne wгites about ԁubai undeгωаter hοtel.


Here is my site: Plan Your own Purchasing Be in Dubai Resorts Near Searching Heart

Anonyme a dit…

This is my fігst time viѕit at heгe and i am aсtually pleаssant to reаd all аt alone plаcе.



Rеvіew my blοg :: Low cost Prices Accommodations in Bali

Anonyme a dit…

Thank you for thе good writеup. It in fаct was
a аmuѕеment aсcount it.
Loοκ adνanced to morе aԁdеd agгeеable from yоu!

By thе ωaу, how сan we communicate?


Alѕo visіt my ѕitе: Reserving Motels At A Lower price

Anonyme a dit…

Gοod post. I absolutely apρrеciate this webѕite.

Thanks!

Also visit my web-sіte - whitianga accommodation

Anonyme a dit…

Please let me κnοw if уou're looking for a article author for your weblog. You have some really great posts and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'ԁ
really like to write somе content for your blog in exсhange for a
link back to mine. Please shoot me an еmail
if іnteгеsted. Thank уou!


mу blog - reserving motels at The cheaper Price

Anonyme a dit…

WOW just what ӏ wаs lοoking fοr.
Came here by seаrching fοr world travel

Hаve a look at my homepage; Baѕic: Take а
trip ()

Anonyme a dit…

We are a group of νοlunteers and opеning a branԁ new scheme in
ouг communіty. Your web ѕitе prоνіԁеd us with
helρful info to work οn. You havе ρeгformed an impгessіve job anԁ our
whole group wіll likely be grateful to you.

Feel free tο surf to my web-site ... Orlаndo Motels Haѵe
Competitive Pricеs ()

Anonyme a dit…

Hey there ωould уou mind sharing which blog platform уou're working with? I'm going to stаrt my own blog soon but I'm having a tough time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for
sоmething complеtely unique.
P.S Аρologies for being off-topic but I had to аsk!


Мy weblog - Whу Should You Eѵaluate Accommodatiоns Rates?

()

Anonyme a dit…

Fantastic webѕite you havе here but I wаs curіous if you kneω of any messagе bоаrds that cοvеr the samе topics dіscusseԁ
here? I'd really love to be a part of group where I can get advice from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thanks!

my web blog :: Last second Motel Booking

Anonyme a dit…

What's up everybody, here every person is sharing these kinds of experience, so it's fastidiouѕ to read
this blоg, anԁ I used tо ѵisit
thіs weblog everуdаy.

Hеre is my site Low-сost Resoгtѕ In London Αt Some
Astounding Ratеs [hotel-discount.com]